The best is yet to come.
2016 has been a great year and in few hours, we’ll have to bid our goodbyes for this wonderful year and welcome 2017 with high hopes and with a smile.
But when we look and think of the bigger world around us, we cannot deny the chaos, natural calamities, political wars and many other nasty things and events that happened this year. It may be impossible to stop this all of a sudden but we can pray harder, start change from ourselves and contribute even in a smallest way to make this world a better place to live.
Below are my memorable experiences this year and I am sharing this highlighting the best ones to show that there are still many roads to be explored, beautiful experiences are just in the corner, great and kind people are everywhere and the world awaits us.
My 2016 Top 16 Highlights:
- 1. Walking along tea plantations in Sri Lanka
- 2. Hiking to the top of Sigiriya Rock and exploring the caves of Dambulla
- 3. Giving bath to an elephant- comes with it a lesson not to ride elephants
- 4. Conquering the fear of heights with Sarangani Paragliding Tandem
- 5. Seeing colorful autumn foliage in Romania
- 6. Riding Mocanita to a fairy-tale like train journey
- 7. Entering a one-real palace with the grandiose Peles Castle
- 8. Attending a service in an Orthodox Church in Romania
- 9. Witnessing sea of clouds, snow-capped mountain and night trekking in Baiu Mountain
- 10. Seeing from afar the bears, sheep, donkeys, peacocks and sheep dogs for the first time
- 11. Exploring the surface and until 130-feet below the ground of the incredible Turda Salt Mine
- 12. Losing a luggage and handed back to me by the most amazing person I’ve ever met in 2016
- 13. Realizing that Guinness is a beer brand and not only a book of world records- it took me months though to realize and know it. And I’ve learned it an awkward way.
- 14. Reaching the top of Wadi Naqab, Ghost Town in Ras Al Khaimah
- 15. Changing diaper and giving bath to a newborn for the first time- This is maybe the most challenging I ever did or somebody has told me to do. I thank all the people who are willing to teach me everything whole-heartedly but there are really things that we are willing and not willing to do.
- 16. Saying to the world, “Hey, I’m existing” through the social media. I am very grateful to all who have followed, connected and supported me in this aspect. I hope that I was able to inspire you and influenced you in a good way.
To all who were with me and helped me to experience and achieve these things, thank you very much.
Let us keep on chasing our dreams. 2017, we are ready.
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to God be the glory.”